Bitte loggen sie sich ein oder registrieren sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Autor Thema: European community projects for BrickJournal  (Gelesen 4882 mal)

Legohead

• Gast
European community projects for BrickJournal
« am: 16. Januar 2007, 17:18:15 Nachmittag »

Hello all!

Well, the introduction has been done, now it’s time to get to work! Many thanks to those who have sent me their welcome, encouragement, news, email and more! I am looking forward to working with you!

Many of you may feel there is not much you can do, but that is not a problem. Every now and then I may actually need you for an upcoming article in which I will contact you for beforehand. Please note that since the European community is a little larger than I expected (I was surprised how many forums there are!), so there are many emails and forum posts to answer! That is fine, but at this stage I can’t answer all posts, but I will do what I can. However, anything that looks like it could be followed up with more information will be answered first (not in any particular order…).

Several great ideas have already been put forward, due to a few plans within BrickJournal; some are useful now and some for future issues. It is also important to add that for BrickJournal to progress and expand, we need to showcase the best! There will be times that this won’t be such an issue if the articles are related to other subjects.

When you write to me about your meetings/exhibitions/events etc, please use some of the following tips: take the BEST, LARGEST pictures you can, after all, you are showing your club’s work and you want it to look as good as it does in person (the MOCs or subject), the pictures when submitted, must be high resolution in the best quality, send more pictures than normal as it is possible that not all pictures are either of the best quality or usable (sometimes due to poor lighting or an exposure problem). If unsure, refer to older issues of BrickJournal for ideas and suggestions on what is good.

Also, one thing to remember is that BrickJournal is an outreach magazine – we want to get new people to join the hobby as well as offer something to AFOLs. All ideas are welcome, from an introduction to a building style to event reports to building instructions. With every issue we are creating a publication that engages and invites the reader (whoever they are) to be involved in the community.

Ok, so let’s get to work!

First up, we have a really early deadline (2nd February!!!)! So we need to act quickly, no bricks about it ;) – I have a couple of things you can start working on (for those who are interested):

Ideas for now:
1.   European scene report*! - Let’s introduce you! I would like to do a European community introduction involving a few countries. It is possible there are too many for one issue, so some now and some in another issue, a continuing project… Whatever doesn’t make it this round can be possibly used in the future (maybe it is in early enough but a few things need to be worked on…). The European community project will be better if the following is included: A group picture (if possible – easier task for smaller groups), a club logo (if possible), a summary covering the history for your club/group including; how long you have been around for, how many members, languages you speak, the highlights of the club/group, any possible success that has come out of the club/group – media/jobs etc and what activities or events you have done in the past and plan for the future. Also kind of cool is to add links of anything in your country that is relevant to the hobby, shop links, brickshelf folders of people in your country – even if not members of your club/group) etc etc…

Ideas for another/future issue:
2.   Young builders of the future*! - There are many AFOL builders out there that we know of, but also some that are not quite adult builders. If your club or your family has builders who have a great talent and building skill for their age (under 18, I consider over 18 to be a young adult), then please let me know! I would like to have a future article on ‘Great, young builders’… One never knows, these ‘kids’ could become the next great AFOL builder or even a professional, when they grow up ;) – more on that via email! (Email me for ideas and more info). So, let’s see what younger ‘children’ are building ;)

3.   European design*! – Let’s face it, when it comes to architecture, furniture, car design (and more), Europe has some fantastic designs! I would like to have an article on European design, this can be you building something of your own that you have designed (must be in the European style though) and think is totally fantastic or inspired from something ‘real’. Regarding picture quality, see above. Anyone interested can contact me via email for more details.

4.   Reports* from your events! Many of you have events coming up (you can mention past ones in the history part in number 1, above) – Any events I can attend I can report myself , sadly I can’t attend all though .  Please send in your reports to me, along with pictures. Please try to include things like, how many people attended, what MOCs were there, some highlights of the event, a program of the event (event schedule), basically anything that will make the report sound great, exciting and interesting to read! Take lots of HIGH RESOLUTION pictures (the bigger, the better), and please try to get the names of the people who the MOCs belong to. Try to be as professional as possible :) If there is anything you need help with, feel free to ask me!

Ok, I think that is enough, especially if someone decides to translate it (feel free to only highlight what you think is important in your translation… I could go on forever with ideas… ;)).

Alrighty! More later, I am looking forward to loads of ideas and goodies coming my way ;)

Build, support each other, do your best and show your best! Let’s make this a bricking community!

Brickly regards,

Mel
GERMANY
European Bureau for BrickJournal

*Please note, at the end of the day it is not my decision if your submitted articles are accepted either for an upcoming issue or at all. I will however, send everything on to the BJ team that is submitted to me and the selection process goes from there. The better the article, the better the chance! I will work with you as much as I can (ideas and English…). If submissions are sent and used for future issues, I can contact you if anything needs updating.

shary

• Administrator
  • Megafig
    • http://www.brick.at
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Januar 2007, 19:42:46 Nachmittag »

Hi Leute,

ich denk vorallem der Punkt 1 ist für uns momentan interessant, oder? Wer schreibt etwas über die Historie des Clubs, vergangene Austellungen, etc.? Wenn Bedarf besteht, kann ichs gern übersetzen.

lg shary
Unsere LEGO Fan Seite: www.brick.at

Thunder

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Januar 2007, 19:58:12 Nachmittag »

Für die Geschichte sind wir noch eindeutig zu jung, aber ein Bericht wie es entstanden ist und was unsere Schwerpunkte sind ist sicher eine sehr gute Sache, vorallem da wir doch ein paar Schmankerl haben.

shary

• Administrator
  • Megafig
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Januar 2007, 20:03:28 Nachmittag »

Das hab ich ja auch mit Geschichte gemeint... Um gut/interessant zu sein, mus sie ja nicht schon Jahre oder Jahrzehnte zurückreichen  :wink:

shary

• Administrator
  • Megafig
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Januar 2007, 20:18:24 Nachmittag »

To let Mel know what we are talking about:

We don't have a rather long history as this club was found last year - I think (I'm was not along from the beginning so I'm not shure). But there are some nice stories about the club, how the members met first, some special topics, etc. that could be interesting. We are trying to send you that along with pics and so on.

So time for brainstorming :wink:

Legohead

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Januar 2007, 20:46:53 Nachmittag »

Zitat von: "shary"
To let Mel know what we are talking about:

We don't have a rather long history as this club was found last year - I think (I'm was not along from the beginning so I'm not shure). But there are some nice stories about the club, how the members met first, some special topics, etc. that could be interesting. We are trying to send you that along with pics and so on.

So time for brainstorming :wink:

Hi Shary!

No problem, it doesn't have to be a huge article. But it is a start to get your name out there and for others to read about it!

Regardless of how old or new the club may be, doesn't mean it won't be interesting! Use your imagination and I am sure you will all come up with something good! ;)

When I read them and I think something is missing, I can always ask you for more information :)

Best regards,

Mel

Cäpt´n Roger

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Januar 2007, 21:23:57 Nachmittag »

Hi MEL!!!
Hallo Leute!!

Ich finde, das wäre eine tolle Sache  :D  
In Zusammenhang mit der Geschichte des Vereins sollten wir uns schleunigst kurz zusammensetzen. Ich werde mal einen Rundruf tätigen!

liebe Grüße
best regards

Adi

Thunder

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 16. Januar 2007, 23:08:38 Nachmittag »

Regarding Cäpt'N's posting and the fact that Shary is quite experienced with the written english language, I would propose to break down the work this way:

Cäpt'n Roger and the other older*) members ;) will write a german draft for the article and shary and I will translate / proofread it.
I would also volunteer for preparing the pictures. Therefore it would be nice to gather the images from our exhibitions. I think the Cäpt'n should have the pictures taken by racer and Max. I suppose Tom can supply me with the original high-res pictures he took on our 3rd exhibitions somehow by using the web. ;)

*) in respect to the initial LGOe network

We shall not forget to ask Mike about his Mindstorms creations, because he is from Austria too!

shary

• Administrator
  • Megafig
« Antwort #8 am: 29. Januar 2007, 10:08:35 Vormittag »

Hallo Leute,

wollte euch nur eine kurze Rückmeldung geben: Mel hat den Artikel und ein Gruppenfoto (von der Ausstellung in der Ruckergasse) bekommen. Sie hat ein oder zwei Korrekturen angebracht. Ich war gestern nicht erreichbar, daher haben wir die Korrekturen nicht abstimmen können. Ich denke aber nicht, dass das ein Problem ist. Gestern ging der Artikel dann noch an Joe Meno. Er ist der Chefredakteur und Herausgeber des BrickJournal. Habe auch schon eine kurze Rückmeldung erhalten, dass er sehr angetan ist und va. beeindruckt darüber in welch kurzer Zeit ein so kleiner und junger Verein verschiedene Ausstellungen auf die Beine gestellt hat. Er meldet sich noch heute, morgen oder übermorgen welche Fotos er verwenden möchte und dann in möglichst guter Qualtität braucht. Meld mich dann bei euch wegen der Fotos.

Verena

Thunder

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 29. Januar 2007, 10:21:37 Vormittag »

Wenn das Gruppenphoto von der Ruckergasse gemeint ist - davon sollte Adi eine hochauflösende Kopie haben, wenn nicht kann ich dir auch eine schicken.

shary

• Administrator
  • Megafig
« Antwort #10 am: 29. Januar 2007, 10:41:55 Vormittag »

Hat Adi schon gemacht. Das hochauflösende Bild ist bereits kurz nach dem Artikel an Mel gegangen, weil sie gleich danach gefragt hat. Auch das Logo vom Verein hab ich Ihr geschickt. Bei den weiteren Bildern wird es sich dann um Fotos von Dioramen, Mocs, Ausstellungen etc. handeln. Da hab ich Mel/Joe nur die Links hier aus dem Forum bzw. unseren Brickshelf-Ordner von der Kiddyworld geschickt. Joe sucht sich dort Fotos aus und sagt mir dann, welche er verwenden möchte.